Monday, March 26, 2007

God connection...

I wonder what "connecting with God" actually means. What is it about? Is it about some warm fuzzy feeling one gets when the weather is beautiful? Or, is it the feeling I get when I'm out on the twisty roads on my Harley? Or is it the feeling I get when I'm listening to worship music? I'm starting to think it really isn't about warm fuzzy feelings...but really about a moment. The moment when I know I am in God's will, and not just self-concocted feel-good moment.

The question is, though, how can I tell the difference between the "moment" created by God and one of my own created moments? I think, for now, i've decided it's as simple as knowing that at that God-moment, I have nothing in my mind except worship. Not a "wow, this is awesome" moment...I think, when we are really connected with God, we don't have anything in our mind except that. We don't even have a moment to think about our own selves and how we are feeling. Rather, we only focus on our connection with God. This is something I ponder right now...

No comments: